My Favorite Things

Hello! I’m here to share some projects using My Favorite Things stamps, dies, and paper products. There’s beenย a Card Design Superstar Contest for the past few weeks and I’m entering 5 cards (even though I made more than 5). Although I may not win, I must admit I had a lot of fun making these and that’s all that matters.ย Here’s a look at the first card I’m linking to the contest. I was also inspired by the Runway Inspired Challenge No. 92.

ric#92
1b369324aa51c3dbafe8e551926519a3
RubyCard_1061
I used Blissful Blooms and created a colorful background with Peerless watercolors. Since black + colors look amazing, I added a strip of the pattern paper from the Neutrals paper pad and embossed the sentiment in white on black cardstock. I linked four other cards to the contest using my Flickr account here, but I’ll share ALL my cards in this post.

RubyCard_1063
When I play with stamps or dies, I try to make more than one card because I know I may not get to use it again for a while. The other card I created involved a lot of masking (I didn’t even really know where I was going with it, to be honest). It was colored using Peerless watercolors. All I know is that coloring is SO relaxing. ๐Ÿ™‚

RubyCard_1077
I used the girl from Polynesian Paradise, and with masking, created a dress and shoes for her and removed the flower in her hair. It looks like she’s dancing in a room. I also used the gorgeous Lace Background and my favorite Abstract Cover-Up die to make a creative art frame for the other card.

RubyCard_1071
Seriously, I was craving donuts when I made these cards. The first one was stamped and watercolored with Distress Inks. I added various donut elements like sprinkles and drizzles. For the 3D card, I used fun foam to cut out the donut pieces and added A LOT of glossy accents on the frosting and sprinkled some cool diamond glitter. It looks yummy enough to eat. I thought it would be cool to make a shaker card, too, so that I can have the sprinkles be loose. I used pastel colors and added some bright watercolors.

RubyCard_1078
I love tropical anything! The birds in Birds of Paradise are adorable. Here, I created a scene with two birds hanging out and colored them with Copic markers. Please don’t mind that the left bird’s beak is poking the other bird in the eye… I didn’t notice until I added the googly eyes! ๐Ÿ˜‰

RubyCard_1085
For the last set of cards, I was inspired by Kate Spade! I created more of these but just wanted to share a few. The backgrounds were stamped using black dye ink and then with the help of my laser printer and laminator, I added some foiling ย to some of the cards.

RubyCard_1086
For this card, I die-cut the glasses, added acetate sheet for the ‘frames’ and glossy accents to give it a realistic frame look. Look at that foil shine! I love how the turned out. I didn’t foil two of the cards, and I love how they look, too. What do you think?

RubyCard_1087
There’s a closer look at the glittery gold glasses. Smart is the new pretty. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I hope you’re feeling inspired by my work. Wish me luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for all the love!ย ?

Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help me to run my blog. Thank you!

16 Comments

1. Susan R. Opel

October 6, 2015 at 9:58 am

You’ve been spotted!

Susan R. Opel
    Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

2. Heather - housesbuiltofcards

October 6, 2015 at 9:42 am

This is one whole fun pile of cards Ruby! LOVE that first one – that style of coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!!!

3. Gayatri

October 3, 2015 at 5:36 am

OMG, Ruby! You are a card making machine. And you make such beautiful beautiful cards. Each and every one of them are unique and fab. Love your take on Runway Inspired Challenge. Thank so much for playing along girl!

4. Rubeena

September 30, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Wow, thank you, Susan! I appreciate you stopping by!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Susan R. Opel

September 30, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Girl, your you make everything better card was one of my absolute favorites from the contest. LOVE it!

6. Shona Chambers

September 20, 2015 at 8:48 pm

With all these amazing entries, I saw you have a HUGE chance of winning. Will cross everything I physically can for you!!!!!

7. Taunya Butler

September 20, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Goodness Gracious – what a wonderful array of cards you have created – I wish you all the luck in the world in the SuperSTAR contest!!! So glad you entered!!! I am such a HUGE fan of yours but I really need to let you know that I won’t be around in the bloggy world for the next 10 days – I am taking a much needed break – so except for already written and scheduled Design Team posts I will not be around and that includes commenting!! Please know that it is nothing personal!! But I am excited because when I come back I will be celebrating my 4 year Blogaversary with lots of giveaways all during October!! I did leave some details about that on my blog!! Hope the rest of your September is beautiful and that you keep happy!!! Hugs!!!

8. Bonnie

September 20, 2015 at 12:55 am

Great cards! I love how varied and different they all are!

9. Shelly

September 19, 2015 at 4:40 pm

WOOOW!! These are AMAZING, Ruby!! Love, love, love!

10. ~amy~

September 19, 2015 at 9:22 am

You are amazing! Love them all…busy girl!

11. Shari Arbogast

September 19, 2015 at 6:31 am

Amazing! I love them all. ^_^

12. Liz Sarkisyan

September 19, 2015 at 1:13 am

Oh my goodness! These are so amazing and love each and everyone one of them. Wonderful designs and colors.

13. Maureen W.

September 19, 2015 at 12:09 am

These are all amazing!! Good luck with the contest!

14. Jessica

September 18, 2015 at 11:52 pm

These are FABULOUS! I must buy that Geek Chic set and dies! ๐Ÿ˜‰

15. barb macaskill

September 18, 2015 at 11:16 pm

These are all so cool!! LOVE the vibrant colors and geek is chic ROCKS!! TFS and good luck!