The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Happy Friday! Yay, the weekend is here. Today is my last post for Just Dandy Studio!! It was so wonderful to work with Melissa and her products. I learned a few things about prettying up gifts and happy mail to friends, and it would be great if you could check out her small shop. You might find a few things you could use for the holidays! She created free Table Talk printables (she offers free prints every Friday on her blog). I used her free prints and created journaling cards and planner dashboards.

SALES: Don’t forget to check out my list of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday sales. I’ve already taken advantage of a few, and I hope you do, too. Maybe next year, I’ll start saving up for it a few months in advance. 🙂 It’s exciting looking forward to so many orders!

I was finally able to mail cards to the Caring Hearts Card Drive (the deadline was today for this year). Last year, I submitted 299 (I have a hard time counting lol) and this year, I’m sending in 500. Honestly, I would have done more but there was a family emergency, some babysitting, and lots of distractions this week. I also ran out of cardstock, envelopes, and did not plan this too well. The best part is that my 9-year-old nephew signed almost 90% of them! I can only imagine how a senior will feel opening the card to see that it was signed by a child. He was so helpful in the process, and I owe him a gift. 🙂 He even helped with the coloring and finishing touches.

image12
I included a little something for Vera for coordinating and handling the card drive. I used some of the packaging, tags and stickers from Just Dandy Studio. All items will be linked below. I simply adore that tag! It is perfect to include with this box.

gifts
The Happy Mail stickers are some of my favorite! I bought some from her shop and have been using them with gifts.

image2 (1)
Here’s a look at some of the cards I sent. I used a few different designs and sent in a handful of unique ones.

cards
image6 (1)
Thank you for the wonderful messages on my blog posts, my social media posts, and in private messages 🙂 Some of my friends tell me via text or in person how much they like something I wrote, and that’s still very much appreciated! If I know that I’m actually inspiring with my posts, I am more motivated to keep doing it. I do it for myself because it’s fun, but writing posts is a lot of work so that’s for YOU! I am hoping that in the near future when I have a steady routine, I can offer free printables, tutorials, and other goodies for my dear followers. Again, thank you so much for reading, for your time, for your words. I hope you have an awesome weekend! xoxo

?

Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help me to run my blog. Thank you!

15 Comments

1. Kate

December 2, 2015 at 7:19 am

Well done you. I think it is amazing that you managed to make so many cards. It is so nice to open a handmade card that I am sure the recipients will be delighted. You must have worked like a trojan!!!!! I have also made cards for charities and know how much work it is . Good job girlie!

2. Svitlana Shayevich

December 1, 2015 at 8:10 pm

What??? 500???? How one person can hand create so many cards??? Not speaking of cards with such stunning design!
    I’d die only signing and packing them.
    You’re a goddess!
    I’m amazed by cards and the fact you put to much work to give some joy to seniors.

3. Liz Sarkisyan

November 30, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Wow! Ruby, you have been super busy I can see and for such a wonderful cause. Incredible getting 500 cards complete and so inspiring. They will be so excited to receive for Christmas. Fabulous job and for your nephew for helping out as well…your so kind hearted!

4. Thanh

November 30, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Ruby, you are a rare gem! Pun intended, but no joke! I’m so happy that we’re FB and IG friends and the more I read your posts, I’m even more glad that we’re getting to know each other. You are a kind soul!

5. The Craft Bunny (Amy)

November 30, 2015 at 2:28 am

OMG Ruby it’s unbelievable that you sent so many cards!! You blew me away!!! You inspire me to send more next year!

6. Miriam Prantner

November 29, 2015 at 9:27 pm

You are a rock star! That is amazing! 500 cards! What a wonderful service!

7. chark

November 29, 2015 at 12:51 am

how cool are you?! and you nephew too! that’s amazing! and weird question–on your destash site you had some stamps of cute little foods, any idea of the manufacturer? They’re gone now, but I thought they were adorable. Thanks!

8. ~amy~

November 28, 2015 at 2:36 pm

You’re one of the kindest bloggers I know…how fabulous of you to send that many cards over to Vera! Kudos to your super star nephew!

9. Dot Freel

November 28, 2015 at 8:51 am

You are an amazing person. I really enjoy reading your blog and it’s beautifully designed. And to think I was so proud of myself that this year, I sent in 6 cards to the caring hearts drive. Like I said, you are amazing.

10. Farida

November 28, 2015 at 12:43 am

Great job, Rubeena! The cards here are so gorgeous! I can imagine the smiles they’ll bring..yayyyy!!

11. Vera W. Yates

November 27, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Girl, you totally rock!! Do you sleep at all? I don’t know how you do it, but I am grateful! Thank you!

12. KT Fit Kitty

November 27, 2015 at 9:27 pm

You are AWESOME, Ruby! I can’t believe how many cards you sent in! That’s wonderful and I know you are bringing joy to many elderly people! I like the card designs – especially the ones with snowflakes and critters, two of my favourites! I may not always comment but I do enjoy your blog posts very much so I hope you continue them! Your nephew deserves a high-five too!

13. Judy1223

November 27, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Ruby, I am blown away that you made 500 cards for the Caring Hearts Card Drive! I sent in 20 and I thought I did a great job!! 🙂 (I know they are happy to get any amount, but I am SO impressed that you sent in 500!) They look beautiful, too…and I’m sure Vera will love the treats you enclosed! You are a sweetie!

14. Lisaerica

November 27, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Ruby, well someone was a very busy bee! They’re beautiful the recipients will love them! ?

15. Joan B