Hello! I’m back for my second guest post for the MFT Challenge & Inspiration – sketch features!
Allow me to share what I created using this week’s sketch:
I must confess that this sketch was very difficult for me (I told you I take them quite literally)!
I’ll try to explain the steps in an easy format:
1. stamp the vase from Make Yourself At Home
2. mask off the vase on the card and mask off the pencil in the image from Straight to the Point
3. apply black waterproof ink over image and remove the mask over the pencil
4. stamp the image over the masked vase to make it look like she’s holding the vase
5. color with Mission Gold watercolors
6. partially die-cut from right side using Die-namics Straight to the Point and fussy cut the left side
7. die-cut ‘because’ from Die-namics Because You once from glitter gold cardstock and three times from white cardstock
8. glue the pieces together with multi-medium matte for dimension
9. die-cut the thin banner from Die-namics Blueprints 27 and stamp ‘our friendship is pretty darn cool’ from Because You in black ink
10. cut pattern paper using Die-namics Inside & Out Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX and white cardstock (trim off the round parts on the white piece)
11. glue a strip of gold cardstock between the pieces
12. add white embossing paste using Stencil Geometric Grid
13. arrange all the pieces together as seen on card
Be sure to stop by the MFT Card Challenges Blog for more inspiration from the MFT Design Team (I LOVE THEM!) Thank you SO much for stopping by here, too!
This post contains a few affiliate links. This means that if you happen to purchase something, I get a small commission (at no additional cost to you!) as a way to support my blog. Thanks so much for your support!