Welcome back to another Guesting with Ruby Naz post!
I’m so excited to share my next guest with you – Stephanie Gold! She’s one of the most beautiful souls I’ve met through the craft community. I am so happy to know her. I hope you’ll enjoy what she has to share and that you’ll connect with her (you won’t regret it!)
Goodness gracious you guys! I feel so blessed to have been asked by the lovely Rubeena to guest post on her blog. Isn’t she just the best?! 🙂 She has a few interview questions for me to answer and then I’ll show you my project! Woo woo!
- Tell us about your craft journey. I started making cards in 2013 after my second little one was born. I VERY quickly fell in love and devoted the next few years to learning as much as I could and improving. Over time I found my style and began feeling more confident in what I make.
- What are you most grateful for in regards to crafting? The ability to craft in general is such a huge blessing to me. I honestly believe it helps keep my mind and heart healthy when I create. Cardmaking has been a form of art therapy for me over the years and I don’t know what I would do without it!!
- What inspires you to create? Almost anything. I will see a pattern on a plate at a store, a new logo that is positioned in a certain way, my kids will draw and color and spark something for me… truly anything. The biggest inspiration for me though is the products. I am very grateful to be designing for a few different companies right now and their products make me burst at the seams with ideas haha. I have even gone a little overboard at times making too many projects for releases LOL.
- How do you personally define success? This one is tough for me because I am not huge on the idea of “success.” I am a bit of a hippie at heart and I believe that life is all about love, family and faith, not money or recognition, etc. I just live my days working as hard as I can, loving as hard as I can, trying to stay super patient, forgiving, helping others and encouraging them as much as possible. After that, whatever the outcome, feels like success to me.
- What do you hope to improve on in the next coming year? Oh goodness… EVERYTHING! I always want to improve on everything I’m doing. Learning new techniques, improving my photography (this one is a big one for me – I am not great at photography), even just improving at life haha. I could definitely be better at getting the laundry done on time!
- What is the most wonderful part of being you? My family is the most important thing to me. I couldn’t have been blessed with a more loving & supportive husband, or more wonderful little kiddos. I am so thankful for them every single day.
- What would you like to simplify in your life? Haha well I am HUGE on the idea of simplicity!!! Simplicity is an extremely important part of my life, but that’s another topic I could go on for days about so I won’t bore you! But I actually think I have things pretty paired down, simple and organized for the moment. 🙂
- What advice do you have for new crafters? You don’t need to buy a whole bunch of stuff!! Again, I’m all about the simplicity and I truly think if you keep your tools down, it helps make you even more creative and gets your wheels turning. Other than the essentials (acrylic blocks, paper, scissors, stamps and dies) I don’t have a whole ton of tools, etc. to work with and I prefer it this way! Even my ink stock isn’t that big lol!
So if you are still with me after that novel I just wrote, THANK YOU! Ha! Let me move right along to my project:
I put together a little card and gift tag combo using Papertrey Ink, Right at Home, and Lil Inker products.
The card base was created with a PTI cover plate to add some stitched texture. I added a Simply Chartreuse Delicate Detail die cut and topped it off with a stamped sentiment in the center. The rectangle was cut with a Lil Inker Side Stitched rectangle die and stamped with PTI’s Beautiful Brushstrokes flowers. The “celebrate” sentiment is from a Right at Home stamp set.
The tag was cut with a Lil Inker Anytime Tag die and stamped with PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes flowers, and the sentiment is from a Wet Paint set. I finished it off with another Delicate Detail die cut and some twine.
GIVEAWAY – Creative Retreat is generously offering the July kit (preview below) to a random person. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post! I’ll pick a winner by Saturday, July 16!
There’s a coupon code “TREAT10” just for you, which will give you 10% off any purchase at Creative Retreat! How wonderful!! 🙂 Be sure to thank them!
Alright my dears, I’m hoping I’ve inspired you to try something new today! Much love to you all and of course my friend Ruby, for being super friggin awesome! 😉 Show her some love folks!!